Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Where is Your Focus?"

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Much of the focus in the world these days is on wordly and sinful things. Much of what we take in when watching television, listening to music, playing video games, reading or searching online is just a waste of time and harmful. Even the conversations we have with others can be of negative consequence. What we put in our minds determines what comes out in our actions and words.
The media is all full of doom, gloom, and worldly pleasures. It is up to us to put our focus on God and His word. Replace damaging input with wholesome material. Most importantly read God's word and pray. Ask God to help you focus on what is right and pure. It will take practice but can be accomplished through prayer and self discipline.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:9

It is not enough to just hear God's word or read it. We must put into practice what we learn. God wants us to focus on what is pure and right and to live it out in our lives. Put effort into doing what is right and keeping our minds where they should be in God.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, what a great truth...

    "What we put in our minds determines what comes out in our actions and words.
    The media is all full of doom, gloom, and worldly pleasures. It is up to us to put our focus on God and His word."

    ...Garbage in, garbage out. But so many people just simply disregard this:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori! It is so true, I wish more people would realize what they are doing and read, listen and watch more wholesome things.
    God bless~
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is such an awesome post. Everything is so true, I so agree how the media can put us right where the devil wants us sometimes. I have to say I do NOT ever watch our news, it is too depressing for me. If it is something of great importance my husband usually will tell me. But I get so tired of hearing about who was murdered again last night, or if another one of our soldiers was killed. I just can't take it, so I just don't watch it.

    Okay I am over that one, lol! I hope you are having a wonderful and blessed Sunday Kim.

    God bless,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete