Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coping with Stress

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:19

Stress is made up of many factors we are facing and dealing with. Living with a chronic illness, there are a few I face and deal with myself. Pain, fear, doubt, uncertainty, and add in the regular day to day struggles of working, money and relationships. In the passage, John 14:19 ,Jesus tells us that he will give us peace. Not the worldly peace free of problems and conflict, but the peace of resting in assurance we do not need to worry about the present or fear the future. Let the Holy Spirit fill your heart and feel the peace He brings to you.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " Philippians 4:6,7

Paul gives advice in this passage to turn your stress, all your worries into prayer. Imagine how wonderful it feels to not worry or be stressed. All we need to do is pray to God to take these worries and burdens away. God will guard our hearts and our minds from worries and stress.

I have done this and know that it works. Some days do require a lot of prayer with worries the world sends my way, yet it works, God takes it all away and brings peace. I realize there is no real reason to worry. We have a wonderful place awaiting us in Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. "I have done this and know that it works"...Amen!Amen!Amen!

    His peace is the ONLY way I can even attempt to get through anything. He tells me as long as I keep my thoughts and my eyes fixed on Him, He'll keep me in peace. My heart breaks (God gives me a little tiny tiny bit of His burden)because the world has no idea how great this peace really is!

    Good post. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi franny i found you this is a awesome blog and it explains it down to a tee.. I have to say though my faith has worn thin sometimes like now but i know God sees and hears me and knows what i need and on his time it will happen he has brought me through alot of things i didnt think i would make it through.. But in the past year he has gave me one of his angels my husband ive never been loved and appreciated like i am now he is my angel and i am truly blessed to have him in my life ....I love you franny and you are doing a great job here....

    ReplyDelete